Sunday, June 28, 2009

Munif as a UNITEN Undergraduate

It's been exactly a year now since Munif registered as a UNITEN undergraduate at Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Campus, Muadzam Shah, Pahang. I could still remember the instant our Gen-2 entered the township of Muadzam Shah, my first thought was "This is the perfect place for Munif to study." However, I was 100% sure that Munif would not concur with my opinion.

The gathering place was the Main Auditorium. The lobby was packed. In one corner, there was a grandma in tears being consoled by her granddaughter who was holding a UNITEN registration folder. Beside the Main Entrance, a pair of three years old twins playing "Police and Thief", whilst their eldest brother, in UNITEN formal dress code was trying to calm them down.

After a short briefing, we were instructed to go to Desasiswa Bestari, an apartment complex for male undergraduates. Munif was assigned to a 2 rooms apartment, DB5-00-05. His roommate was Abe (Business Studies from Klang, Selangor). Makyo (Business Studies from Ipoh, Perak) and Ajeem (Business Studies from KL) were the occupiers of the other room. Although he was the only Accountancy undergraduate in the apartment, Munif seemed contented. I have known Munif as a person who is not choosy when it comes to making friends.


Before we left, we helped Munif to unpack his belongings. I also helped Munif to identify the best spot for his "Blue Cube". When it was time to part company, we were taken aback when Munif rested his head on his mother's shoulder and shed tears. I understood the situation because this was the first time ever, Munif would be far from home and away from us. I and my wife had agreed not to reveal our real emotion in front of Munif, trying to mitigate the impact of being separated.

I felt I was right in bringing Deqda to her brother's registration day at the UNITEN although she had to skip two days of classes. I hope, from the atmosphere, she will be more determined to follow the footsteps of Kak Long (an undergraduate at UIA) and Abang Munif.

No comments:

Post a Comment