Thursday, May 14, 2009

Kak Long's First Walk

It was lunch break after a busy morning session meeting at Merlin Inn, Telok Cempedak, way back in 1988. I decided to check up on my family members that I left behind since 7.00 am that day.

At the door, I was greeted by my ever smiling wife. Slightly obscured from my view was my (less than 1 year old, at that time) daughter, Kak Long, sitting on the carpetted floor of the hotel room, playing with her toys. Suddenly, upon seeing me at the door, she struggled a bit, steadied her small framed body and stood up. To our surprise, Kak Long took her first set of footsteps and walked towards me with her hands reaching out as if she is going to give me a big hug. Without wasting any time, I reached out and hugged her. This is one of those moments in my life that I will never forget - Kak Long's first footsteps. No wonder I felt a sudden urge to check up on my wife and my child during the lunch break.

No comments:

Post a Comment